I was nominated for a Liebster Award over at Stay for a Spell. Thank you so much ! These are super fun and awesome ways to show people you appreciate them. So thanks Neferet, much love.
“The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word “Liebster” comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
So, here are the Rules:
Thank the person who nominated you.
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
You paste the award picture into your blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
- It’s my goal for 2013 to lose 60lbs by my birthday in September.
- My typing speed is 70 wpm.
- My moon sign is pisces.
- I’m actually really good at interior design.
- One of my favorite perfumes is Chanel no 19 – it’s my “deep wintertime scent.”
- I change my perfume with every turn of the wheel, because to me scent is somewhat seasonal. Chanel no 19 is my Yule-Imbolc scent and Chanel no 5 eau Première is what I wear from Imbolc-Ostara. Both melt like heaven into my skin. For Ostara-Beltane I’m going to try Parisienne by Yves Saint Laurent. My usual other scents are Peace, Love, and Juicy by Juicy Couture (get a lot of compliments with it on me) and Marc Jacobs Daisy – but I switched to the EDP instead of EDT hoping for more lasting power and got a huge soapy note so think I’ll retire the Daisy. Other past signature scents are Karma by Lush and Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has A Gun (Samhain to Yule of course).
- I have been practicing yoga since I was 16 years old.
- I have been dancing since I was 5 – I started with kiddie ballet and tap classes.
- I have recently returned to vegetarianism.
- I’m a makeup addict but I’m getting more and more “stuck in my ways” when I find products that really work: my current beauty staples are Urban Decay’s Surreal Skin powder foundation, Clinique’s BB cream, the Naked Palette by Urban Decay, 24/7 eyeliner pencil in zero (black) by Urban Decay, Tarte’s eyeliner pot, and Fresh’s Sugar lip balm in Rose. I also am in love with Too Faced’s bronzers – especially Snow Bunny.
- I’m a really good cook – thus how I magically gained 60lbs, and I have thought about starting a food blog.
1. What is your favourite colour?
I don’t really have a favorite color but I guess it’s probably a deep violet or limey-yellowy greens.
2. What do you do to get rid of boredom?
Oh, I have the internet for that! Generally if I’m bored I will pick some random subject to Google. If I don’t have the internet I’ll pick up some knitting or find someone to talk to. If all else fails – make something: food, art, knitting whatever …
3. If you had magic powers, would you use them for good or evil?
Oh, probably good. I mean, I’d be tempted to use them for evil I’m sure but honestly I would probably use any magic powers I had for the betterment of society.
4. Do you have any obsessions?
Of course, yarn, knitting, fibers… Oh and Pinterest (user: PixiewithSticks). Fashion – and online style blogs. Food blogs and food – food and cooking big time, huge foodie. Design and style, aesthetics in general I think. I am totally one of those people who notices when the colors somewhere clash, gets anxious around clutter, and really *need* the spaces I live in to be “pretty” or pleasing to me. If I have to live somewhere that is too messy, cluttered, dark, whatever it seriously drives me crazy – like actually crazy; crushing depression, anxiety issues, panic attacks etc. crazy. (I realize that I can be that affected by space alone makes me in general kind of crazy.)
5. What is your favourite animal?
I have a few, it’s hard to pick a favorite. Owls, swans, sparrows, cats, and big cats like leopards.
6. What is your favourite season?
Fall: nice weather I love the way the air smells… bonfires, apples, berries, pumpkins… I love everything about it.
7. Do you have a favourite TV show?
Oh well… aside from The Rachel Maddow Show probably Downton Abbey. I go thru TV phases though – and I don’t count news shows I watch like PBS Newshour or Rachel’s show to be “shows” really that’s how I get information – and schedule knitting time.
8. What about favourite movie?
This depends on what I am in the mood for but things I will almost always happily watch are The Beginners (check it out!), The Watchmen, Clerks, The Wicker Man, The Omen (originals or remake), Almost Famous, Trainspotting, Juno, Saved!, Persepolis, RENT, and The Wristcutters. I admit I am totally a movie snob.
9. If you could be a celebrity for a day, would you do it?
Wear some designer clothes and go to some hotspot nightclub.
10. What is your favourite genre of music?
Indie-dance and indie rock. I hate those terms because it sounds so pretentious, but that would be my most listened to “genre” as non-descriptive about the actual music I like.
11. Do you have any pets?
I have a dog, he’s a crazy cocker spaniel. His name is Happy.
I’m just inserting this to say I may or may not be breaking the rules on followers. I don’t check how many followers others blogs have and rarely pay attention to my numbers – I also know that “followers” is not really an accurate measure of your publicity so basically I’m just excluding all the “big” blogs I read. So that’s subjective but I like these blogs… 🙂
- The Flaming Thyrsos
- Ozark Pagan Mamma
- Spider Goddess
- This Pagan House
- Ravens and Ivy
- Dance of the Yoga Witch
- I Have Seen God
- The Twisted Rope
- This Crooked Crown
- A Changing Altar
Okay there they are, the blogs I look at on a regular basis! For the most part… I have avoided anyone with a Liebster in the new year so far so Love!
- What’s your favorite food?
- What do you do to cheer yourself up when you feel down?
- Do you have any special talents?
- What is one thing you wish you could do but can’t or have not yet learned to do?
- What is your favorite way to be creative?
- Where is blogging on your list of priorities?
- What is one piece of advice you would give to bloggers who are just starting?
- How long have you been “online”?
- What is your favorite band?
- What is your favorite book and what do you like about it? (Philosophy, the writing, etc.)
- If you could meet one fictional character and spend a day in their world with them or bring them to this world: who and what would you be doing?